THE DARTMOOR DERBY 2020 NOW OPEN FOR BOOKINGS
“The Dartmoor Derby gave me the ride of my life” – BBC Television and Radio 2 Presenter Sara Cox
“It really is the most wonderful riding you can imagine” – Olympic Three Day Eventer Mary King MBE
Dates for a unique horse-riding adventure weekend, the Dartmoor Derby, have been set for September 2020.
The Dartmoor Derby is an opportunity to experience a carefully planned, three day guided ride covering up to 50 miles over countryside that sent even Steven Spielberg weak at the knees!
It is an adventurous horse riding weekend that opens with a light lunch at midday on Friday 18th September followed by an introductory afternoon ride before drinks and canapes in the evening.This event includes three days of challenging and exciting riding with three nights hospitality finishing with breakfast on Monday 21st September.
Guests sleep in two beautiful Lodges and dine in a purpose-built luxury camp in the middle of the moor and enjoy fantastic, locally-sourced food cooked by talented chefs in our specially constructed field kitchen.
Riders will be grouped into appropriate teams and need to be experienced, fit, competent riders, confident at every pace. Whilst this is not a race and there is no need to jump, the riding is geared to bold, confident riders with the spirit of adventure. The horses are mainly over 16hh and are high quality, sure-footed with a turn of speed.
Guests are invited to bring their own horse or ride a fit forward going hunter hireling type with plentiful experience of the rugged Dartmoor terrain hired through Liberty Trails.
Now in its fifth year, the Dartmoor Derby attracts riders from all over the world. This uniquely formatted event is inspired both by the success of the famously rough, rugged annual challenge across the breathtaking Steppes; the Mongol Derby, and the enduring appeal of chic African riding safaris.
The Dartmoor Derby combines the best of both. This event is small, intimate and very sociable and at its core is a horseback adventure combined with a wonderful dining experience. Places are limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
For pricing and availability please email email@example.com
AT A GLANCE
- The 2020 Dartmoor Derby opens on Friday 18th September with lunch followed by an acclimatisation ride.
- On Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th September you’ll enjoy two full days of adventurous riding
- You’ll depart after breakfast on Monday morning.
- The event includes three nights full board accommodation
- Further accommodation can be arranged for those wishing to extend their trip.
- Places are restricted to confident, experienced riders who ride in small teams of up to eight with their guides
- You can choose to either ride fit, forward going hunters hired through the organisers or bring your own horses
- You’ll share a twin room unless you upgrade to single occupancy and will spend two nights in one Dartmoor Lodge and one night in another on the other side of the moor.
- None riding partners are welcome and can participate in guided walks and other activities tailored to their interests.
- This is a proudly Dartmoor event and locally sourced food and drink is used whenever possible.
To check availability please email firstname.lastname@example.org